Ok. I. Can. Not. Wait. to try this. The name alone just gets my southern girl taste buds a-tingling. lol. I found the recipe on FB by way of Centsless Meals which led me to SpendWithPennies.com (<see the full article there). The website touts it as a “fresh, simple dip that can be thrown together in 15 minutes”. Simple. Vegan. Delicious. Cool name. I’m in.
Use full screen video mode for better viewing if needed.
- 3 Roma tomatoes , seeds removed, diced
- 2 ripe avocados diced
- 1 15 oz can black beans , rinsed and drained
- 1 15 oz can black eyed peas , rinsed and drained
- 1 ½ cups frozen sweet corn , thawed (I just usually toss it in the salad frozen unless I plan on eating it immediately, it thaws quite quickly).
- 1 bell pepper , diced (I used half a green and half a red, but color doesn’t matter)
- ⅓ cup red onion , diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper , seeds removed, diced into very small pieces
- ⅓ cup Cilantro , finely chopped
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice (fresh preferred)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Tortilla chips , for serving